The Duette™ is the first solution-oriented device that has been designed and created by Poiesis Medical LLC. This unique urinary drainage system uses an elegant, dual-balloon design to overcome the shortcomings of traditional Foley catheters, which cause bladder trauma with their uncushioned tip and through drainage aspiration.
The Duette™ features three unique design elements that improve upon the Foley design:
- A second distal balloon, which is placed on the catheter tip, adds another layer in comprehensive care. It is designed to reduce incidents of CAUTI (catheter-associated urinary tract infection) by cushioning the tip to prevent trauma to the defensive bladder wall lining.
- The drainage eyes have been positioned between the two balloons, designed to reduce aspiration damage to the bladder’s defensive lining.
- The Duette™ is designed to be inserted and removed similar to a standard Foley catheter. As a result, it requires little new training of medical personnel.
With these key features, Duette™ is designed to reduce adverse events associated with catheterization, including:
- Cystitis (inflammation of the bladder lining)
- Chronic irritation of the bladder, which has been shown to increase the risk of bladder cancer between 8-10 percent
- CAUTI and UTIs
- Blockage of urine
- Penetration and perforation of the bladder wall
- Hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Patient pain levels during catheterization
Duette™ represents the future of urinary drainage devices. If you would like to learn more about how this innovative design improves upon traditional Foley catheters, please visit our Research & Education page.
If you would like additional usage information, please see the below documentation: